Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Climbing Mt Fuji?

I will be climbing Mt Fuji in just a couple weeks, I have one more hike to do before the big event. This picture was taken by my friends daughter on her way back to the states. You can see Mt Fuji through the clouds, it is very hard to imagine I'm going to try and climb this beast of a mountain. I'm going with a small group about 5 of us and at least 2 guides, it will be a 16 hour van ride then supper and after supper we will be heading to the mountain for our night climb so we can be at the top hopefully for sunrise. This is a 12 hour hike 8 up 4 down = long day. After our climb we will stay over night in a hotel and get up at 4 am and ride the 16 hours back to base. I am looking forward to the climb and the adventure :) Look forward to telling everyone about my adventure :) July 5th is when we leave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment