Friday, June 25, 2010

Luau in Sasebo, Japan


The girls and I went to Nimitz Park yesterday, MWR was hosting a Luau for Sasebo and we thought it would be fun to check it out. A Luau is a Hawaiian Feast and the word Luau comes from the young leaves of the Taro plant were combined with chicken, baked in coconut milk and called luau. MWR also offered a traditional Hawaiian meal, which the girls and I liked. My favorite was the meatballs, Amber loved the rice and Autum liked the punch lol. We had a great night. The menu is below of what we got to eat last night. Anyone thirsty? I wish Tony had been with me so I could of taken part in a nice drink with my meal :(


Getting so pig on my plate, last night was the first time the girls had seen a dead pig on a table.



Our Dinner




Autum enjoying her food.







Amber and Kayleigh enjoying the food. Kayleigh looks scared here, but she really enjoyed seeing the pretty ladies walking around.






Amber and Kayleigh with the Hawaiian guys.








Their dances were really nice, I wouldn't mind being stationed in Hawaii next.









The girls and I tony is back out to sea but should be home soon.










More dancing they showed us a bunch of different dances.












Amber and Autum :)











Kayleigh with another Hula Lady













Really nice picture.






















No comments:

Post a Comment