Friday, November 5, 2010

Higata (Tideland) Yoka Park

Update: I saw a picture of this park on a local blog here in Sasebo and asked for the directions to the park was told it was near the space museum well after a day trip up there and not being able to find it a good friend of mine Teena went to ITT and they gave her directions to this park.

http://dollarstoyen.blogspot.com/2010/09/tideland-yoka-park.html ( this is credit for me looking on her blog and seeing a post of this park, but the credit for me finding it goes to my friend Teena and the wonderful ladies at ITT)

This park is in Saga if you want directions please comment and I'll send them to you, it is very easy to get to taking the expressway and only takes about an hour. This is Higata ( Tideland) Yoka Park there are signs that read Higata and signs that read Yoka following both of them and they also call this a relaxation park. During the summer months this area has water in it for the kids, but it is drained now that winter is approaching. This is a very well kept park and a great park for a picnic. We had a lot of fun here. This is a drop slide these are popular here in Japan and are very fun for the kids.

Kayleigh and Amber trying to push Autum lol Amber was the first to be brave enough to go.

There she goes I laugh every time I see this picture.





Amber went down this slide probably 7 or 8 times, each time she still got scared, Kayleigh loved it and kept following Amber right back up to the top. Very proud of Kayleigh has I only went once and it took me about 4 minutes to get to the edge then another 2 minutes to finally let go of the bar.


Amber looks like she could cry and Kayleigh is grinning.






Another cool slide that the kids can play on.





This was fun as well you swing in a circle and go up and down, was pretty neat.







One more picture couldn't resist.










5 comments:

  1. Could I get directions to that park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Brandy you can email me at leighntonyr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been there before, LOVED it. Took some of my favorite video from Japan so far...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if this park is still here can I get directions pls

    ReplyDelete